Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Del Cotter Del Cotter is offline

Default How do I a rotate my square radar chart (square-diamond)?

On Sun, 16 Mar 2008, in microsoft.public.excel.charting,
"Becs \"I Know Nathing\"" said:
I need to rotate (the whole of my) my square-shaped 'radar' chart 45degrees
so that it is diamond-shaped. At the moment the lines of the axes are
horizontal and vertical and make a cross-shape (not unlike a + shape) and I
need the lines to be on the diagonal (making a X shape).

The chart doesn't have a green dot which I could use to rotate the whole
chart.

Annoying, isn't it? We've discussed this recently, and I mentioned that
Radar chart should have a control similar to the one provided for Pie
charts, but it doesn't.

I think you're just going to have to turn your table into eight values
instead of four, with the extra four values being an interpolation of
the four original values. So it becomes an "octagonal" radar chart, but
the octagon nature of it is hidden because you're carefully calculating
the intermediate values so that they lie on a straight line. I think
AVERAGE() should work okay.

Or, you could use a graphics program to rotate the picture through 22.5°

--
Del Cotter