Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default how do I get time entered automatically in A1 if B1 has text

If you want that time to be static, then you can't use a formula.

=now() will update whenever excel recalcs.

But you could use a macro.

In fact, JE McGimpsey has ready for you:

Sergeant Henderson USAF wrote:

I'm creating a log sheet that will have entries every few minutes in the
second cell or column B. I need the time to be automatically entered in A
each time. Is this possible? I've tried several formulas with no luck. The
closest formula that I can get is =IF(B1=1, "NOW()") however this will return
an error. If this were to work then a 1 would have to be entered in B1. I
tried using a wildcard with no luck also.
Time taken from the computer clock is entered as =NOW()
Please help if you can
Thanks
Tim

--