Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Inserting Hyperlinks

You may want to share the hyperlink that you tried and/or the actual formula you
used with the =hyperlink() worksheet function.

For what it's worth, this works for me (with the drive, path, filename in A1):

=hyperlink("file:////" & A1,"Click Me")

Andrew wrote:

I need to insert hyperlinks into excel aiming at movies on my HDD. (Don't
ask, its a favour for someone) Which works fine, until I save and re-open the
excel file. It appears to be because excel shortens the path and therefore
breaks the link.

I have tried the Properties, Summary and Hyperlink base fix but find this
doesn't work for me. The 'Cannot find specified file' error persists.

I have also used =HYPERLINK function with no luck either.

How can I stop exel shortening the path?

Andrew

--

Dave Peterson