Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
mdj0615 mdj0615 is offline

Default Can I set up an excel doc to auto fill 27 days in next cell?

Patients are seen on week-ends, so it's 27 days whenever that happens to
fall. The time of the appointment changes, which is why i usually put that
in a different cell (I would be willing to not havethe time there at all if I
have to). I sort the sheet by date in the month I'm looking at.

"Ron@Buy" wrote:

OK I think I can see what you're about. More more questions tho'.
You mention a cycle of 27 days - how are you dealing with weekends within
the 27 days? ie if the 27th day after the last appointment falls in a weekend
do you reschedule to the following Monday - or what?
Is the time of the appointment the same for each consecutive date?
How are you sorting the sheet to determine the next appointment?

"mdj0615" wrote:

My spreadsheet has columns a-l used for client info. Each row is a different
client. k-z are alternating columns of the months and times. Each client is
seen monthly from october to may. What I want is to be able to enter their
first appointment date in column k, and have the spreadsheet auto-populate
the dates into the rest of the columns. I'm always sorting the sheet to find
out who's being seen on which days, and it takes a great deal of time to pull
out a calander and figure it out each time.

"Ron@Buy" wrote:

Possibly
What exactly do you want the columns to do?

"mdj0615" wrote:

Thank you, that worked well. Is there a way to have columns automatically
set up to do this? I put 27 in A2, then 10/01/08 in b2, then i put a2+b2,
etc down the row. Is there a way to make the columns just know what I want
them to do? I know I'm asking a lot.

"Ron@Buy" wrote:

Say date 10/01/2008 is in A2 then in B2 enter =A2+27
Make sure B2 is formatted the same as A2
If the 27 days is variable put the variable number of days in A1 then in B2
enter =A2+A1
Copy down as necessary

"mdj0615" wrote:

I am trying to create a spreadsheet where I can enter a date and have a date
27 days from that date pop into the cell next to it. I need to do this for 7
months. I don't even know if it's possible.

For example, if I put the date 10/01/2008 into a cell, I want the
spreadsheet to calculate 27 days and put that date into the next cell
(10/28/2008). I want it to do that for 7 cells.