Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Can I set up an excel doc to auto fill 27 days in next cell?

I am trying to create a spreadsheet where I can enter a date and have a date
27 days from that date pop into the cell next to it. I need to do this for 7
months. I don't even know if it's possible.

For example, if I put the date 10/01/2008 into a cell, I want the
spreadsheet to calculate 27 days and put that date into the next cell
(10/28/2008). I want it to do that for 7 cells.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=a2+27 assuming de 10/01/2008 is in A2

hth
--
regards from Brazil
Thanks in advance for your feedback.

"mdj0615" escreveu:

I am trying to create a spreadsheet where I can enter a date and have a date
27 days from that date pop into the cell next to it. I need to do this for 7
months. I don't even know if it's possible.

For example, if I put the date 10/01/2008 into a cell, I want the
spreadsheet to calculate 27 days and put that date into the next cell
(10/28/2008). I want it to do that for 7 cells.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Say date 10/01/2008 is in A2 then in B2 enter =A2+27
Make sure B2 is formatted the same as A2
If the 27 days is variable put the variable number of days in A1 then in B2
enter =A2+A1
Copy down as necessary

"mdj0615" wrote:

I am trying to create a spreadsheet where I can enter a date and have a date
27 days from that date pop into the cell next to it. I need to do this for 7
months. I don't even know if it's possible.

For example, if I put the date 10/01/2008 into a cell, I want the
spreadsheet to calculate 27 days and put that date into the next cell
(10/28/2008). I want it to do that for 7 cells.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thank you, that worked well. Is there a way to have columns automatically
set up to do this? I put 27 in A2, then 10/01/08 in b2, then i put a2+b2,
etc down the row. Is there a way to make the columns just know what I want
them to do? I know I'm asking a lot.

"mdj0615" wrote:

I am trying to create a spreadsheet where I can enter a date and have a date
27 days from that date pop into the cell next to it. I need to do this for 7
months. I don't even know if it's possible.

For example, if I put the date 10/01/2008 into a cell, I want the
spreadsheet to calculate 27 days and put that date into the next cell
(10/28/2008). I want it to do that for 7 cells.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

My spreadsheet has columns a-l used for client info. Each row is a different
client. k-z are alternating columns of the months and times. Each client is
seen monthly from october to may. What I want is to be able to enter their
first appointment date in column k, and have the spreadsheet auto-populate
the dates into the rest of the columns. I'm always sorting the sheet to find
out who's being seen on which days, and it takes a great deal of time to pull
out a calander and figure it out each time.

"mdj0615" wrote:

I am trying to create a spreadsheet where I can enter a date and have a date
27 days from that date pop into the cell next to it. I need to do this for 7
months. I don't even know if it's possible.

For example, if I put the date 10/01/2008 into a cell, I want the
spreadsheet to calculate 27 days and put that date into the next cell
(10/28/2008). I want it to do that for 7 cells.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

OK I think I can see what you're about. More more questions tho'.
You mention a cycle of 27 days - how are you dealing with weekends within
the 27 days? ie if the 27th day after the last appointment falls in a weekend
do you reschedule to the following Monday - or what?
Is the time of the appointment the same for each consecutive date?
How are you sorting the sheet to determine the next appointment?

"mdj0615" wrote:

I am trying to create a spreadsheet where I can enter a date and have a date
27 days from that date pop into the cell next to it. I need to do this for 7
months. I don't even know if it's possible.

For example, if I put the date 10/01/2008 into a cell, I want the
spreadsheet to calculate 27 days and put that date into the next cell
(10/28/2008). I want it to do that for 7 cells.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Patients are seen on week-ends, so it's 27 days whenever that happens to
fall. The time of the appointment changes, which is why i usually put that
in a different cell (I would be willing to not havethe time there at all if I
have to). I sort the sheet by date in the month I'm looking at.

"mdj0615" wrote:

I am trying to create a spreadsheet where I can enter a date and have a date
27 days from that date pop into the cell next to it. I need to do this for 7
months. I don't even know if it's possible.

For example, if I put the date 10/01/2008 into a cell, I want the
spreadsheet to calculate 27 days and put that date into the next cell
(10/28/2008). I want it to do that for 7 cells.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You can maintain your current layout inc. the appointment time column.
However for ease of operation at a later date (if the 27 days alter) I
suggest inserting a column before the column K (Oct). Then enter 27 in the
new column K for each client row.
Assuming your first client details populate row 3, in column N (Nov) enter
=if(L3="","",$K3+L3). Copy and paste across to each Month column (missing
the appointment time column) i.e. Dec to May. Now highlight cells N3:Z3 and
drag down as far as you need.
Enter a date into L3 and dates, 27 days apart, should automatically fill in
each of the month columns. Just change the 27 to any other number to change
the appointment frequency.
Because there is a common period of 27 days between each date - sorting on
one month will sort ALL months. One problem I see; because the period is only
27 days there will be ocassions when the month shown in the cell will not be
the same as the column heading!
Enter the appointment times as normal.
I hope I haven't gone into too much detail.
Come back if you need further help.