Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ronald R. Dodge, Jr.[_2_] Ronald R. Dodge, Jr.[_2_] is offline

Default How to permanently activate Macros?

Though would have to be done manually, set the macro security level to
"Low".

This is only recommended to do if you are behind sufficient firewall and
anti-virus protection as otherwise, you are leaving yourself to be wide open
to vulnerabilities. I use macros quite a bit within the company, which does
have such protections in place, so this medium level macro protection is
more of a headache than what it's worth.

--
Thanks,

Ronald R. Dodge, Jr.
Production Statistician
Master MOUS 2000
"Jeff Korn" wrote in message
When I open certain Excel or Word documents then I am always asked if I
want to enable or disable
embedded macros.

How can I permanently active these macros (when I open the document later
again)?

However I do NOT want to change the document file itself.
Other user who may have access to the documents as well should have the
choice to
disable them).

I could imagine that MsOffice resp. Word/Excel maintains an internal list
where "always activate macros for docs" are entered and remembered.

If this is not possible:

Is there a way to always allow macros for me (=when I open them) ?

Jeff