Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Hank Hank is offline

Default two related workfiles

Hi Gord,

I searched for xlw file, but can't find it, I tried to move all speadsheets
to a new blank and save it as regular file, but it still open another related
workbook when I open new file. It is annoying...

Don't know how to get rid of it.

Thanks
Hank

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Sounds like the two files were saved as a "workspace"

Make sure each workbook is saved and closed independently.

Look for *.xlw and delete it.

The two files will not be deleted.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 6 Mar 2008 09:30:04 -0800, Hank wrote:

Hi, I have two Excel work files related, whenever I open one it will
automatically open another one, I wonder how to turn this feature off. It's
annoying. My version is MS office 2002 SP3

Thanks so much,

Hank