Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Tyro[_2_] Tyro[_2_] is offline

Default Exceeding Limit on Nested IF Statements

Who could say? Show us your data, then we can provide you with an Excel
formula. You might find that IF is not involved, at all, in Excel. With a
data input example and a resultant answer, we can help.

Tyro

"rwohlner" wrote in message
I am converting a budget spreadsheet from Lotus 1-2-3 to Excel. Excel's
limit on nested IF statements is creating my biggest challenge. I have
budget and actual columns next to one another for each month. A Lotus
formula reads from a cell identifying the current month that requires 12
if
statements. [i.e. (If month = January, add one column, if february add
two
columns, ...if December add 12 columns.)] What is my Excel alternative to
nested if's in this situation?