Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
rwohlner rwohlner is offline

Default Exceeding Limit on Nested IF Statements

I am converting a budget spreadsheet from Lotus 1-2-3 to Excel. Excel's
limit on nested IF statements is creating my biggest challenge. I have
budget and actual columns next to one another for each month. A Lotus
formula reads from a cell identifying the current month that requires 12 if
statements. [i.e. (If month = January, add one column, if february add two
columns, ...if December add 12 columns.)] What is my Excel alternative to
nested if's in this situation?