Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default How can I make my data show as flashing in Excel?

The statement "I know it has something to do with the following code provided in
the previous message you sent" is incorrect.

The open and close codes you posted have nothing to do with any individual
worksheets within the workbook.

They are event code only and run only when the workbook is opened or closed.

Why your workbook won't close must be due to some other code you have added.

How have you changed Chip's code to have the blinking text on every sheet in the
workbook?

Post the code you use.

Gord

On Tue, 4 Mar 2008 06:31:10 -0800, Julia
wrote:

This was great - thank you. My boss loved it. Now I have another question.

The report I am working on is set up with one Excel document containing
several worksheets each having it's own macro for blinking text; however,
when I try closing the document, it won't close. I know it has something to
do with the following code provided in the previous message you sent, but
because of my inexperience in this area, I can't figure out how to make it
work for each of the worksheets in the document in order for it to close.
Any ideas?

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
StartBlink

StopBlink
End Sub

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Don't bother.

Everyone will hate you.

But if you insist, see Chip Pearson's site for VBA code.

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/BlinkingText.aspx

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 22 Feb 2008 09:47:02 -0800, Julia