Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
SirMatthew SirMatthew is offline

Default Excel missing from the "open with" command

I use Excel to edit various types of files, such as IIF (QuickBooks list
files). I used to be able to right-click on the file and choose Open With
and then Excel was listed. Recently, I noticed that Excel is not listed and
so I have to browse through the programs menu, and then, even when I choose
excel, it doesn't open. It seems trivial, I know, but I want it to work the
way it used to work!

I ran office diagnostics and it didn't find anything. Any ideas other than
reinstall, because I don't want to deal with that.

I should note that I have no problem opening regular excel files without
having to open excel first, so it's not that.

Thanks in advance for any help!