Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jon Peltier Jon Peltier is offline

Default SUM only black numbers and leave out the RED ones

"James Silverton" wrote in message
Jon wrote on Thu, 28 Feb 2008 19:48:00 -0500:

JP "James Silverton" wrote in
JP message ...
?? Jon wrote on Thu, 28 Feb 2008 17:16:22 -0500:
??
JP -Usually these criteria are manually applied.
??
?? Is that so! Not meant sarcastically but I only use a
?? numerical criterion concerning standard deviations to
?? high-light in red. There is also the Number format using
?? a different color for negative numbers.

JP I was thinking of so many of the cases of actual human
JP usage I've observed. Conditional Formatting? What's that?

Basically, as I indicated, I want large changes to stand out so I have
things arranged so that if a change is more than 1.5 ESDs it is displayed
in red. I'd call that "conditional formatting".

I guess you missed my sarcasm. You will find many people that manually
change formatting, cell by cell. They've never heard of Conditional
Formatting.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP