Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
tryn2learn tryn2learn is offline

Default average with error

that's it!

thank you both very much... it work perfectly.

I hope you have a great rest of the day.

"T. Valko" wrote:

Missing a ")" :

=IF(ISERROR(AVERAGE(F6:F36)),"n/a",AVERAGE(F6:F36))

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"tryn2learn" wrote in message
Thank you for your help.

I tried the formula but I'm getting the error: The formula you typed
contains an error.

I'm not sure why becuase it's not telling me what the error is.

"akphidelt" wrote:

Try =IF(ISERROR(Average(F6:F36),"n/a",AVERAGE(F6:F36))

"tryn2learn" wrote:

I'm trying to complete an average for time.

The problem is I'm doing this over a 12month period so the months where
there is no data I'm getting the #DIV\0!

in each month i have a time colum at the bottom of each i have a
monthly
average colum where i want to get the average time for the month...
this is
the formula that i am using:
=IF(AVERAGE(F6:F36)=iserror,"n/a",AVERAGE(F6:F36))

I'm still getting the #DIV\0! error which in turns causes my YTD
average to
be the same.

I appreciate your help.