Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Andy Pope Andy Pope is offline

Default Creating accessible color-independent charts in Excel 2007

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback.

You could create a routine that formats all the slices of a selected chart
with a set of patterns.

Cheers
Andy
--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
wrote in message
Thanks, Andy! I really like your site and just played your sudoko
game. I am sorry that they removed this functionality, and am glad
that I now have your addin. It works well, but is there a mode where
it can automatically generate each chart element in different fill
patterns rather than having to go in and have each element filled
explicitly? Thanks for sharing your wisdom and Excel resources!

Dilip

On Feb 27, 3:42 am, "Andy Pope" wrote:
Hi,

They removed the UI for pattern fills in 2007.
Fortunately the functionality is still available via code. I have an
add-in
that allows you to use pattern
fills.http://www.andypope.info/charts/patternfills.htm

There is a blog post by Eric Patterson, a program manager on the Excel
team,
on the
subject.http://blogs.msdn.com/excel/archive/...ern-fills.aspx

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP -
wrote in message

I can't seem to figure out (it was easy in earlier versions!) how to
take pie charts (or other types of charts) and make them independent
of color. I don't mind if the chart uses color, but I don't want to
rely on color to make sure that people of varying sensitivities to
color or a black and white photocopy doesn't put the user of the chart
at a disadvantage. How can I have my different pie slices not just a
different color, but in a different cross-hatch or other fill? Thanks,
and sorry if this is obvious!- Hide quoted text -