Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier Jon Peltier is offline

Default Creating accessible color-independent charts in Excel 2007

If you use a bar or column chart, you won't need different colors, because
each point will have its label along the category axis. You will make it
easier to compare each point's value (pies are poor for this).

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

wrote in message
I can't seem to figure out (it was easy in earlier versions!) how to
take pie charts (or other types of charts) and make them independent
of color. I don't mind if the chart uses color, but I don't want to
rely on color to make sure that people of varying sensitivities to
color or a black and white photocopy doesn't put the user of the chart
at a disadvantage. How can I have my different pie slices not just a
different color, but in a different cross-hatch or other fill? Thanks,
and sorry if this is obvious!