Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
PCLIVE PCLIVE is offline

Default Conditional Formatting Not Blank Cells

I wasn't saying that need a formula in the cell. I was actually referring
to your Conditional formatting (Formula is). My point was that if there
were formulas in those cells in which the formula returns a blank
=IF(A1="","",A1) then the cell would appear blank.
Is it possible that the cell is not actually blank...maybe there's a space
in the cell. Test a cell that appears to be empty but still gets
highlighted with your conditional formatting. In another cell enter this
formula: =LEN(YourCellReference)
If that returns anything but zero, then the cell is not blank.

HTH,
Paul

--

"Nate" wrote in message
Sorry - I don't think I explained clearly. There are no formulas in
column
F. Some cells have dates in them and some are blank. I was highlighting
the
whole range and then doing Format Conditional Formatting Formula is
=NOT(ISBLANK($F2)). I guess I'm confused as to why I would need a formula
in
the cell itself to do a conditional formatting? Thanks-

"PCLIVE" wrote:

If you have formulas in those other cells, then they are not blank. If
that
is the case, then use this formula instead.
=NOT($F2="")

HTH,
Paul

--

"Nate" wrote in message
Hello,

I'm Using XL 2003. I would like to apply a conditional format to the
range
of cells A2:F171. Basically, I would like to highlight all of the rows
that
have a value in column F, and the rows that have no value or are blank
in
column F should remain unchanged. I tried using the formula
=NOT(ISBLANK($F2)). But it highlights all cells in the array. Any
suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,

Nate