Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
SongBear SongBear is offline

Default How do I connect two worksheets together?

Thunder
I would go to the sheet where the answer needs to appear (target page),
click in the answer cell, click '=' (the equal sign), tab to the input sheet
using the sheet tabs, click on the cell where you will put the input. In the
formula bar, the sheet name and the cell address of the input cell will
appear. Then type '*.85' and hit enter.
This will multiply the value that you put in the input cell by .85 (15%
less) and put that 85% in the cell on the target page.

A further hint, if the percent might change in the future, you might use a
cell reference for the percent calculation. this reference can even be on a
third sheet. You would put the number .85 in a labeled cell on a worksheet
and page-tab and click that cell when indicating the amount to multiply by,
like this:
Tab to the target page, click the cell where the answer needs to appear.
Type the equal sign, then tab to the page with the input cell. Click in the
input cell and the sheet and cell address will be placed in the formula by
Excel automatically. Then type the astrisk (*, used as the multiplication
sign by Excel). THen click the cell containing the percent, if necessary by
tabbing to the sheet containing it. CLick enter and Excl will have typed the
correct workdheet names and cell addresses for you.

Hope this helps, let us know if you need clarification or further help.
SongBear

"ThunderStorm Studio" wrote:

I'm trying to connect two worksheets together whereas the input into a cell
of one will influence the outcome in the cell of another.

EX: Inputting 300 in a cell of the first sheet will give me an answer in a
cell of the second sheet, less 15%.

Is this at all possible? The sheets are in the same workbook. and the value
of one must impact the second.

Many thanks for any information.

Regards,
Robert