Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Machel Machel is offline

Default Remove leading zeros

I am not stuck anymore - now I have a choice of solutions. Thanks so much!!

"Rick Rothstein (MVP - VB)" wrote:

Another possibility...

=--LEFT(A1,LEN(A1)-1)&","

Rick

"Machel" wrote in message
Thank you for your response! That did not work - I think because of the
comma
at the end of each number - which we do need.

"Bernard Liengme" wrote:

Try =VALUE(A1)
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Machel" wrote in message
We are uploading data from another application to a .txt file and then
opening the .txt in Excel 2003. The data is employee numbers, which we
are
copying and pasting into our learning management system. In the LMS we
need
the number without the leading zeros. Formating as number does not
work.
Do
you know a formula we could use to remove the zeros when the number of
leading zeros varies? This is an example of the data:
0026278,
0067405,
0000042,
0108500,