Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links
Liviu Dinu Liviu Dinu is offline

Default A link between two workbooks doesn't keep the value, shows #value!

Same problem.
Formulas based on cells from other workbooks, doesnt work unless source
file is opened. I dont know how to make Excel 2007 to read values of cells
from other excel filles without reopen it (that source file).
Any idea?

Is there solution to get values from workbook external links in Excel 2007?

"Gerardo" wrote:

I have a cell linked to another one in a second workbook. It doesn't show the
value from the origin unless open. Instead it shows #value! error. When I
open the origin then it shows the value again. If I close the origin the link
keeps the value while the destination is open. When closing and then opening
the destination it shows the #value! error again.

It doesn't happen to every link just to some of them