Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
DanRoss DanRoss is offline

Default Excel Database

I suppose you could also talke a look a DAO

you can use the DAO engine to create and manage data in tables and queries.
..

Just a little example to get you digging. . .

Sub DAOExample()

Dim myDBE As New DAO.DBEngine
Dim myDB As DAO.Database

bExists = Dir$("c:\mydb.mdb")
If bExists = "" Then
Set myDB = myDBE.CreateDatabase("c:\mydb.mdb", dbLangGeneral,
dbVersion40)
myDB.Execute "create table T1 (Name Text)"
myDB.Execute "create unique index idx on t1( name) "
For x = 1 To 100
myDB.Execute "insert into t1 (name) values('this is a test " & x &
"')"
Next
Else
Set myDB = myDBE.OpenDatabase("c:\mydb.mdb")
For x = 1 To 100
myDB.Execute "insert into t1 (name) values('this is a test " & x &
"')"
Next
End If

Dim oRs As DAO.Recordset
Dim oTd As DAO.TableDef

Set oTd = myDB.TableDefs("T1")
Set oRs = oTd.OpenRecordset

Do Until oRs.EOF
Debug.Print oRs(0)
oRs.MoveNext
Loop

End Sub

"PeterM" wrote in message
I have an Access 2003 database that I built. I'ts very basic; it's a
single
table with two columns as a primary key (to prevent duplicates), one data
entry form and 5 or 6 reports. I discovered that the organization that I
built this for doesn't have Access, only Word, Excel, Powerpoint and
Publisher.

Can anyone point me to a sample or instructions on how to recreate this
very
basic Access app to either Excel or Word?

Any help is appreciated!