Otivexcel Otivexcel is offline
Junior Member

Default Document Not Saved Error

I've recently created a timesheet spreadsheet (half a MB in size) with thirteen worksheets. I have extensive vba code in it. Excell 2000.

When run on a local hard drive, it runs flawlessly. When run through a network drive it intermintently produces a 'document not saved' error, where you can't save, nor 'save as' even to another (local) directory. Often, you can close without saving (because you have no choice) and it will run perfectly next time you open it.

There are about 18 of these spreadsheets in a single network directory (18 users), with an aggregate size of about 9MB. Some people have no problems, while others (including me) get this error intermitently.

There is plenty of space on the server and I don't think it's a loss of network connection since this never happens with any other excel spreadsheet (with VBA or not). In fact, when this occured once I had another spreadsheet open over the network at the same time, with no problems.

I've tried Microsofts 'network resiliency' workaround, but it still happens.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!