Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ron Coderre Ron Coderre is offline

Default Dynamic drop-down lists based on an initial value selection

Glad we could hellp, Scott.......Thanks for letting us know.

Regards,

Ron
Microsoft MVP (Excel)
(XL2003, Win XP)

"Scott K" <Scott wrote in message
Thanks to everyone who replied and sent me to
http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal02.html. This was exactly what I was
looking for and it works great!

Regards,

Scott Kling

"Ron Coderre" wrote:

See Debra Dalgleish's explanation and instructions on using Dependent
Lists:

Is that something you can work with?
Post back if you have more questions.
--------------------------

Regards,

Ron
Microsoft MVP (Excel)
(XL2003, Win XP)

"Scott K" <Scott wrote in message
I need to be able to dynamically set the valid range of selectable
values
in
a second cell based on the value entered in the first cell.
Specifically,
when my users select a six-digit account number from a drop-down box
(using
DataValidation), I need the cell to the right to restrict its possible
range
of selectable values based on what account number was chosen.

I am using Excel 2003 and I have a good bit of experience using VBA if
that's the tool I should be using.