Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Byron720 Byron720 is offline

Default Working with vlookups

Yes Gord, I have almost 4 sheets (262,144 rows) of data. I just use the fifth
sheet to obtain the data from the other 4. they all have part #'s and prices.
on the fifth page I just need to get the price as soon as I type the part #.

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Why can't you have all the data on one sheet?

Each sheet can have 65536 rows of data.

Do you have 262,144 rows of data spread over 4 sheets so you need a fifth sheet
to add more?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 28 Jan 2008 09:21:01 -0800, Byron720
wrote:

How do I use the vlookup function (or else) to find data from 4 different
sheets? For example I need to extract information about a part # but the list
is 4 sheets long. The part #'s are numeric and alphanumeric.

The report is 4 sheets big full of inventory data (for example Part #=column
A and price=column B). I added a 5th sheet and I need to get inventory
information about any part # as soon as I type it in