Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
T. Valko T. Valko is offline

Default What do I do when using the Large function if 2 entries are the sa

If there can also be duplicates in 2nd# then this becomes complicated!

For example:

300...400...Joe
400...300...Tom
300...400...Lisa

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"jeel" wrote in message
The first page looks like this. I want page 2 to look like this. On page
2
Results
Page 1 is named WKLY. Page 2 is named Results. I used
LARGE 1, etc
A B C A B C
1 1st# 2nd# name 1st# 2nd# name The cell A2
formula is
2 340 352 mike 362 432 bob
=LARGE(wkly!$A$2:$A$5,1)
3 340 641 tom 358 516 joe etc 2,3,4.
received a formula
4 358 516 joe 340 352 mike from Max to
make the info
5 362 432 bob 340 641 tom match in
columns b & c.
=INDEX(wkly!a$2:a$5,MATCH(LARGE(wkly!$a$2:$a$5,ROW S($1:1)),wkly!$a$2:$a$5,0))
This worked well except for the duplicates. I received another formula
from
Max but I can't seem to make that work. Any help would be appreciated. I
hope
this example makes sense. Thanks, jeel.