Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
John[_13_] John[_13_] is offline

Default CheckBox to change cell color

HI Everyone
Thank you All for your support, I can make it work thanks to you guys.
"David Biddulph" <groups [at] biddulph.org.uk wrote in message
Dave's suggestion was for the formula to be used *in Conditional
Formatting* to set the colour of the cell.

If you wish to write a formula in a cell to produce a text string in the
cell, then you can do that as well.
For example, you might use a formula =IF(A1=true,"Checkbox ticked","Not
ticked") or more simply =IF(A1,"Checkbox ticked","Not ticked") .
--
David Biddulph

"John" wrote in message
Hello Again
The color works well, thank you Dave but I would like to print something
else than "True or False".
Can I change the text to something else?
Regards
John
"Dave Peterson" wrote in message
Maybe...

You could use a linked cell with the checkbox. Then use
Format|conditional
formatting and base it on the value of that cell.

If A1 is the linkedcell, you could select any other cell:

Format|conditional formatting
formula is: =$a$1=true

and give it a nice color.

John wrote:

Hello Everyone

Can I use a CheckBox to change the color of a cell ?

Regards
Cimjet

--

Dave Peterson