Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default CheckBox to change cell color

Hello Everyone

Can I use a CheckBox to change the color of a cell ?

Regards
Cimjet
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Maybe...

You could use a linked cell with the checkbox. Then use Format|conditional
formatting and base it on the value of that cell.

If A1 is the linkedcell, you could select any other cell:

Format|conditional formatting
formula is: =$a$1=true

and give it a nice color.

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hello Again
The color works well, thank you Dave but I would like to print something
else than "True or False".
Can I change the text to something else?
Regards

John wrote:

Hello Everyone

Can I use a CheckBox to change the color of a cell ?

Regards
Cimjet

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Dave's suggestion was for the formula to be used *in Conditional Formatting*
to set the colour of the cell.

If you wish to write a formula in a cell to produce a text string in the
cell, then you can do that as well.
For example, you might use a formula =IF(A1=true,"Checkbox ticked","Not
ticked") or more simply =IF(A1,"Checkbox ticked","Not ticked") .
--
David Biddulph

John wrote:

Hello Everyone

Can I use a CheckBox to change the color of a cell ?

Regards
Cimjet

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

On top of what David wrote, you could put that linked cell in a column that's
not part of the print range.

If you have lots of these checkboxes, you may want to insert a dedicated column
for all the linked cells. I like to keep the linked cell on the same row as the
checkbox--but you don't have to. Then you can just hide that column and never
have to worry about seeing it when you print.