Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
CLR CLR is offline

Default "background" formatting possible?

Try this as your conditional format formula

=AND(COUNTA(D$4)0,MOD(COLUMN(),2)<1)

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"wb198" wrote:

Hi, is it possible to format a background which will stay put while you
manipulate your data cells / insert rows on top? That would be SO useful.
E.g. I have a big table of data, and just for visual purposes, I want every
3rd line to be coloured, to make the table easier to read (esp when printed).
However, if I update the table and add a row in at the beginning / middle,
then it messes up the formatting pattern thereafter.
Any way of having your formatting independent of data on top?

Thanks