Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Garza Garza is offline

Default Can I get Excel to automatically BOLD dates 30d before expirat

It is still not taking it... So if it's column B to E what should I change
the cell to say.. Sorry I really do appreciate your help on this.

"David Biddulph" wrote:

Firstly, go back into Format/ Condition Formatting/ Formula Is, and check
that the formula is what you intended it to be. Excel has a habit of
changing things, particularly if you forgot to enter the = sign at the start
of the formula. Check also that it is referring to the correct cell. Check
again that the Format option within your Conditional Formatting condition is
set to what you thought you'd set (bold, or whatever).
If the formula looks as you expected, are you sure that A1 contains a real
Excel date (and not a text string that looks like a date)? If you
temporaily reformat the cell as General, you should see a number between
39457 and 39485 if it is to satisfy your test.
--
David Biddulph

"Garza" wrote in message
This isn't working for me. What could I be doing wrong?

"Bernard Liengme" wrote:

Select the range of cells to be formatted
Use the command Format | Conditional Formatting
In the dialog, specify:
Formula Is : =AND(A1TODAY(),A1-TODAY()<30)
and click the Format button the dialog to make bold and/or colour the
cells)

NOTE: in this formula change A1 to the first (the one that is uppermost
the left) cell in your range
best wishes and Happy New Year
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Donna" wrote in message
I am new to Excel (obviously), and I have created a simple worksheet
that
contains numerous dates. I wish to have the dates become bold when
they
are
to expire within 30 days. Is there a formula for that purpose?

Thanks...