Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Tyro[_2_] Tyro[_2_] is offline

Default How do I calculate time in excel (clock in and clock out

After correcting your formula, as in my my previous post, you have to change
the format of your total cell to: [h]mm

Tyro
"chad" <pinoyako.com wrote in message
I was able to calculate the time in and time out on my timesheet by
formatting the cell to h:mm. but how do i calculate the total for the
whole
week, for example if i work 8 hours a day for 5 days how can i show this
as
40 hours on the total, i kept getting the answer as 16 hours only. Please
see my example below using the = (C2-B2) + (E2+D2) and to the total hours
used the sum symbol. Why do i get 16:40 hours instead of 40:40 hours..

1/7 8:20 12:00 12:30 17:30 8:40
1/8 7:00 12:00 12:30 15:30 8:00
1/9 7:00 12:00 12:30 15:30 8:00
1/10 7:00 12:00 12:30 15:30 8:00