Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jim Cone Jim Cone is offline

Default Speed of Excel When Inserting & Deleting Rows

Try turning off the "office" portion of your anti-virus program and see if that helps.
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"Matt Parker"
wrote in message
Gerry,
I have exactly the same problem. I just got my new computer up and running
and i work in Excel all day long. When inserting and deleting rows or
columns, it takes at least 30 seconds for my new vista machine to respond. I
have several computers with XP-2 and i have no issues with 2007. Have you
found an answer to your problem? I would love to know about it.

Matt Parker
"Gerry" wrote:

I have my new Vista machine with Excel 2007 on my desk and my old XP PC with
Excel 2002 is pushed aside. The new PC with dual cores, 2 Gb RAM, etc. is
faster in almost every aspect. One exception is inserting and deleting rows
in Excel.

With my old XP/2002 PC, this function is instantaneous. There is not even a
hesitation. With Vista/2007, the aqua, spinning disk appears and there is a
several second hesitation for every insert or delete.

I have all the latest updates and I ran the diagnostics. Everything appears
normal.

So, can it be true that Excel 2007 is just slower? I am creating and editing
spreadsheets every day and the extra seconds are adding up. I wasn't
expecting to take a step backwards in efficiency.

Thanks for any help or thoughts,