Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
tom tom is offline

Default The NOW() syntax

I'm trying to create a spread sheet that I will be using to record data that
I collect in the field and I need to be able to populate multiple cells with
the current time. What I'm doing is timing the absorption of water into soil
in 1 inch increments for 2 inches. So I need a start time, a middle time
(after 1 inch drop) and an end time (2nd inch). I know that =NOW() will
populate the cell but when I do that command for multiple cells they all
become the same time. I need the "now" time to remain the original "now"
when I "click" into the next cell. Does this make sence to anyone? Any
help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Tom