Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR CLR is offline

Default Error Message: Not enough system resources to display complete

I would try the file on another computer.....if the problem goes with the
file, it's located within the file, if not, then the trouble lies with your
install of Excel.........perhaps doing a System Restore to a point before
where you "upgraded" will lose the problem.

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"MEO" wrote:

I seem to be getting this message only since Excel 2000 SP 3 Rev B was
installed on my machine. I have a listbox that generates a hyperlink address
(to a cell on a different sheet but in the same workbook) and I get the
message when I try to execute the hyperlink. Workbook is large with 20+
sheets. Got lots of RAM and free space.

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Turn calculation to manual. Do the deletes. Reset calculation to its original
state.

Bob wrote:

I have the same problem plus slow block copy, white screens when I try to use
excel (2003, 2002). Block deletes take up to 15 minutes at times. Task
manager shows I'm using 50-60% of memory, not much in page files, not much
kernel. Some files that previously worked won't open. I've tried this on
several computers and it doesn't seem to be affected by RAM. It does it with
512 mb, 2048 mb or 2560 mb. Doesn't seem to be affected by the CPU.
Admittedly I use big and rather complex files, but the problem seems to be
getting worse. I've tried to turn undo off for some of this, doing my
darndest to keep the clipboard free of junk. Usually end up saving files and
rebooting. Sometimes that seems to help.

Other than going back to an old copy of Quattro Pro, a vastly superior
spreadsheet compared to Excel, any ideas on how to make this thing work
better?

"Natalie" wrote:

ok, I'll try that, thanks.

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

If you've changed the zoom factor to something besides 100%, try changing it
back to 100%.

Sometimes that helps.

Natalie wrote:

When using Excel, I receive an error message telling me that there is not
enough system resources to display completely. Anyone have any idea what this
means and what I can do to correct it?

--

Dave Peterson

--