Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
F. Lawrence Kulchar F. Lawrence Kulchar is offline

Default SAME RANGE...DIFFERENT FORMULA

Suppose I have a column of numbers, say in A1 through A600...

The =SUM(A1:A600) works perfectly for the sum.

Now, for successive formulas, I wish to use the same cell reference (i.e. A1
- A600), but a different formula, such as:

=STDEV(A1:A600)

Is there a way to use copy and paste, or whatever, to insert the same cell
range into a different formula?

In other words, instead of having to scroll with the mouse or type the
range, is there a more expedient manner in getting the same range into the
new formula?

Thanks,

FLKulchar