Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Stockwell43 Stockwell43 is offline

Default Change Title of Spreadsheet

Ok, one more question.

When I try to make a change in a certain cell, it gives me a warning not to
make changes and won't let me do it. I can hit cancel to get out but it will
not even let me move to another cell unless I hit cancel. Where do I find the
formula or controls for this? I didn't see a macro attached. Sorry, I am not
much on Excel as I work mostly with Access so forgive me if I seem a bit
dense on how to do certain things.

Thanks!!!

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Close excel
Use windows start button|Search
and look for personal.xls

Delete the ones you know you don't want.

Stockwell43 wrote:

Is there a way to just delete this worksheet altogether? I delete the Macro
but for some reason the sheet is still there?

"Don Guillett" wrote:

Personal.xls was created when you recorded a macro to it. You may delete or
better yet put this macro in it to toggle hiding/unhiding. I have it
assigned to a button on my MENU.xls that opens when I open excel.

Sub TogglePersonal()
Windows("PERSONAL.XLS").Visible = Not Windows("PERSONAL.XLS").Visible

Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
SalesAid Software

"Stockwell43" wrote in message
Hello,

I have a weird kind of question. Every time I open Excel, the first
worksheet comes up as Personal.xls but when I click on the icon to open a
new
worksheet, it opens as book1.xls. Why it is opening with personal.xls and
how
do I get rid of it? I remember doing something with a macro from a
prcatice
excerise but I delted the macro. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!!

--

Dave Peterson