Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gary Gary is offline

Default Change Title of Spreadsheet

Personal.xls always opens if you have macros created. However, it is usually
saved as a hidden file.

The next time you open Excel and personal.xls opens, Click Window Hide.
When you close Excel it will prompt you to save the personal.xls file. Click
Yes and it will open as hidden and you will not see it. You need it to open
if you want to use any global macros you have created.

"Stockwell43" wrote:

Hello,

I have a weird kind of question. Every time I open Excel, the first
worksheet comes up as Personal.xls but when I click on the icon to open a new
worksheet, it opens as book1.xls. Why it is opening with personal.xls and how
do I get rid of it? I remember doing something with a macro from a prcatice
excerise but I delted the macro. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!!