Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Griff Griff is offline

Default Dual Axis Horizontal Bar Chart in Excel-can I avoid overlappin

Thanks Jon & Del for your advice - most helpful!

cheers,

Griff

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

Griff -

How's this:

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AlignXon2Ys.html

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"griff" wrote in message
thanks del, but i'm afraid jon p already beat you to the same answer!
if however you can find a way to avoid manually messing around with scales
to make the x axes align when you have negative values then that would be
even better!

cheers

griff

"Del Cotter" wrote:

On Wed, 5 Dec 2007, in microsoft.public.excel.charting,
griff said:

I have a simple table of data with 2 columns of numbers, which I'm
trying to
build into a simple horizontal bar chart

but if I put it on a secondary axis it overlays one on top of the
other, rather than side-by-side

Is there an easy way to stop this happening? any help would be greatly
appreciated

The best way is to create a pair of phantom bars, one on each axis.
They're both zero (or formatted to be invisible), and each one
"overlays" the bar that you want to display on the other axis. But
because they're zero or invisible, they're not overlaying or covering
anything, so you get the effect you want, which is your two actual bars
lying side-by-side.

Jon Peltier shows how to do it he

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/...OnTwoAxes.html

--
Del Cotter
NB Personal replies to this post will send email to