Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
scubadiver scubadiver is offline

Default Get Excel to provide equation for my x and y

Your first sentence tells me the temperature is the dependent variable so
strictly, celsius should by Y and kilojoules should be X.

If your data is set out as you have explained it then you should get what
the teacher is expecting but be aware the equation could be wrong if you have
the axis the wrong way round (I think!)

Just a warning

"hasargent" wrote:

I am doing an assignment on how hot water gets in degrees celcius when so
many kilojoules are supplied to it. i have a graph, with data provided to me
for this function. kilojoules is my y, and degrees celcius is my x. i need to
get excel to provide an equation that relates heat, y supplied to temp., x,
in the range of 0-100 degrees celcius.