Dave Peterson

I don't usually use the wizard, but if I typed this in the wizard:

Logical test: a1=b1
value if true: c1
value if false: if(

Then hit the Fx button, the wizard would disappear. But then I could hit that
Fx button once more and the wizard would open on that trailing IF() portion.

And just something that may be interesting:

Ctrl-a pops up that wizard. ctrl-Shift-a shows a shorter version right in the
formulabar.

GolfGal wrote:

I am trying to create a nested formula. When I get to the "If False"
argument, I want to create another formula, then another.

Previous versions of excel allowed you to open another function wizard box
within a function wizard to nest formulas. My 2003 does not. My Q was is
there any way to do that?

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

GG

Not sure what you want to do and what is not happening.

What do you mean by "click to next a formula"?

Do you just want to copy a formula from one cell to the next?

You can do this by clicking on the right-hand bottom corner of the cell and
dragging it down or across.

Perhaps a couple of examples of your formulas would help.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 10:59:02 -0800, "GolfGal" wrote:

When I use the 'if' function wizard, only the first formula uses the wizard.
When I click to next a formula, I have to type it in without the wizard. Is
there a setting I'm missing? Excel 2003

--

Dave Peterson