AlCamp

Thanks Andy,
I'll take a look...
Al Camp

"Andy Pope" wrote in message
Hi Al,

I have some code for controlling MSgrrr scatter labels, albeit in
powerpoint.
http://www.andypope.info/ngs/ng16.htm

Cheers
Andy

AlCamp wrote:
Thanks Jon,
I'll check that out, but I think I have most of my problems solved,
and should be able to generate all the graphs right from Access using
just the "basic" MSGruff tools.
But, knowing how to make MSGruff do what I want via code would be a
valuable asset. I'll take a look see...
Thanks,
Al Camp
Candia, NH

"Jon Peltier" wrote in message

Al -

It is possible to automate MSGraph (or MSGrump as it is "affectionately"
called), without too much effort. For pointers, head on over to
http://pptfaq.com and search the page for MS Graph. After you get your
bearings, you can use macros recorded in Excel as a starting point for
MSG code.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

AlCamp wrote:

Jon,
Well Jon, probably not... these charts (it will involve 4 charts to
display all the data) will have to be created "on the fly" as Access
reports, and then automatically emailed to customers, so there can't be
a chance for any "hand work" at all.
The client does number that way, but I don't think we really need to.
If you had a bar chart with 25 bars, you wouldn't have to number
1,2,3,4, etc... you'd just show the bars and their values. I did
download Rob's label app and used it in my Excel mockup, but I think I
can get by without that labeling in the Access app.

I followed your instructions, and have the chart all laid out...
thanks for getting me going in the right direction!

Al Camp

"Jon Peltier" wrote in message
.. .

Hi Al -

You can label the points using their values, then manually replace the
text of each with the label you want.

- Jon

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel