Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Bernard Liengme Bernard Liengme is offline

Default Get Excel to provide equation for my x and y

In A1 type the word temperature; in B1 the word kilojoules
Under these enter your data
Put the mouse pointer anywhere with in the data; use the Chart Wizard on the
toolbar to make an XY chart with just markers (no line)
When you have the chart, right click a marker in the chart; use Insert
Trendline; specify Linear trendline and in the Options check the Display
Formula
If the fit is not good, right click the trendline in the chart; use Format
Trendline and change it to a second order polynomial
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"hasargent" wrote in message
I am doing an assignment on how hot water gets in degrees celcius when so
many kilojoules are supplied to it. i have a graph, with data provided to
me
for this function. kilojoules is my y, and degrees celcius is my x. i need
get excel to provide an equation that relates heat, y supplied to temp.,
x,
in the range of 0-100 degrees celcius.