Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Peo Sjoblom Peo Sjoblom is offline

Default function for date?

While he might be replying back to Rick he quotes JMB so he might have
thought that JMB was Rich? Nevertheless there is no need for any functions
and also if he wants to use the TEXT function

=TEXT("11/26,07","mmmm dd, yyyy")

will suffice.

Peo Sjoblom

"Sandy Mann" wrote in message
Hi Peo,

Being as Jorge was replying to Rick and the only post from Rick that I can
see in this thread is:

Is this what you are looking for?

For today: =TEXT(TODAY(),"mmmm dd, yyyy")

Specified date: =TEXT(DATE(2007,11,25),"mmmm dd, yyyy")

Rick

I am wondering if my OE is missing posts again becuase that formula works
in XL97

Sandy
and the crowning place of kings

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote in message
It's not a function and it works in Excel 97

Peo Sjoblom

"Jorge Cervantes" wrote in message
Rick,

Could you please come up with a similar function for 97Excel?
I am waiting. Jorge

"JMB" wrote in message
Change the cell format
Format/Cells/Custom
mmmm d, yyyy

"Jorge Cervantes" wrote:

You are correct though, but that is not what I asked for.
When I tried both functions, it shows 11/26/07.

I need a date function for "November 26, 2007".

Jorge

"Niek Otten" wrote in message
=today()

Or, on any other day: