Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Niek Otten Niek Otten is offline

Default #VALUE! error message help needed please

One of the values you process in that cell is probably text. I know it looks like a number and is formatted as Number, but still
it is text.
You can easily check with the ISTEXT() function.
Format as Number and re-enter (F2, ENTER)

A frequent cause is that the "number" was copied somewhere else and pasted into the cell.

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel