Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
Kruppy Kruppy is offline

Default default date format

Thanks, It is a good work around. There should be a better way to do it but
this is very quick and easy. Thanks againb
--
Kruppy

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

I usually like mm/dd/yyyy and I've given up fighting excel.

If a cell is going to contain a date, I'll do this:
ctrl-;
(to enter today's date--and change the format)
then type the new date.

Kruppy wrote:

When a enter a date in Excel 2003 it formats it (by default) as 22-Nov. The
short date regional setting in windows is 11/22/07. When I go to change the
date format the format that is highlighted is Custom dd-mmm. Any idea
where this comes from and how I can change it.

--

Dave Peterson