Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Clueless in Seattle Clueless in Seattle is offline

Default Formula Bar blocks column header letters so I can't paste

On Nov 21, 11:44 am, "George Gee" wrote:
Is there any data in J1?

You can hide the formula bar whilst you make your alterations:
ToolsOptionsView Tab, uncheck 'Formula Bar'.

Thanks, that did the trick. I just swapped the columns.

As for whether there was data in J1, I have to confess that I
overlooked your question until after I had made the swap. But I think
there was data in J1 before the swap. But now there isn't.

Thanks again, to both of you who responded.

Will in Seattle
a.k.a. "Clueless"