Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Clueless in Seattle Clueless in Seattle is offline

Default Formula Bar blocks column header letters so I can't paste

I've run into a problem while trying to move a couple of columns in an
Excel 2003 worksheet.

I'm trying to move columns J & K a couple of columns over to the right
and insert them to the left of column N.

Here's what happens:

1. I put the mouse pointer over the letter J at the top of the column
and click the left mouse button.

2. As I would expect, all the cells in the column turn blue, and
heavy dark vertical borders appear along the sides of the column.

3. But, a horizontal white bar pops up along the top edge of the
worksheet and obscures all of the alphabetical column header letters,
so I'm unable to see the letter of column N (or any of the other
columns for that matter) so I'm not able to click on column N in order
to insert the column.

4. When I put the mouse pointer inside the annoying white bar, a
little label pops up saying "formula bar"

How can I make this white bar go away so I can see the letters at the
tops of the columns?

Will in Seattle
a.k.a. "Clueless"