Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Bob Umlas, Excel MVP Bob Umlas, Excel MVP is offline

Default Why does the Y axis invert in charting?

Right-click the vertical axis, select Format axis, click on the Scale tab,
then also select the bottom 2 checkboxes: Categories in reverse order and
Value (Y) axis crosses at maximum category.
Bob Umlas
Excel MVP

"nathanhutto" wrote:

Hi,

In a spreadsheet, I have a list of variables down column A, with information
out to the left. When I chart that information in a stacked bar graph (so the
variables are on the Y-axis of the graph), Excel inverts the order of the
variables. So the variables that were at the bottom of the spreadsheet are
now at the top of the chart. Is there anything I can do to fix this, other
than reordering my variables in the spreadsheet?

Thanks,
Nathan