Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
DaveC DaveC is offline

Default Dual Filter

Hi peeps.

I am seriously computer illiterate.

I have two columns in Excel. One shows names with only 7Y entered in one
column , and some have 7Y in the same column but also 7YY in another column.
How can I do a [presumably two pronged filter] and delete all the names with
entries in BOTH columns.

In other words I need to keep all the names with ONLY 7Y in the one column
.... [for mail merge later].

The list in Excelis not neat. There may be multiple entries for one name,
sometimes with NEITHER 7Y or 7YY and gaps between the names.

I can do this all manually ... but what are computers for???
Thanks for even considering,
Dave