Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Aron Aron is offline

Default Excel files not opening

I have had the same problem with excel opening to a blank blue screen.
On another site I found it is due to issues with Logitech Quickcam software.
If you have a Logitech Quickcam upgrafe the software to version 11.5
If you use the autoupdate it will say that your software is current (11.1?)
Go to Logitech's site and download 11.5
I did that yesterday and so far my excel is working fine
Let me know if this works for you
Aron

"MMMCGAngle" wrote:

Hi Ben,
Apparently, you're not alone. I am also the only one in our office with
this problem. Doesn't look like any good solutions though, huh? I'm glad
I'm not the only one though.

" wrote:

Hello,

I am currently using Excel 2007, when I double click on an excel
file, Excel opens up to a blank screen. If I go to options and then
cancel out, the workbook opens up. Or if excel is already opem and
then I double click on the workbook, it will open that way also.
Anyone have any issues like these?

So far I have ran all updates, and disabled all add-ons. I have ran a
repair, but the problem remains. Not sure what to try next.

All help is apreciated

Ben