Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Lance Lance is offline

Default Data Base

First Excel is not a database, it's a spreadsheet. When you choose to use a
spreadsheet over a database you are trading away a lot of functionality.

But, moving on to your problem...

Is there only 1 Open entry and 1 ASG entry per series in the spreadsheet?

"orquidea" wrote:

Hi All

I need to measure the performance of a service. I have to time how long it
takes for series 502 from OPEN to ASG. I wouldn't be a problem if I had the
data from the same series in the same row, but it is not the case. I will
have the OPN time in row 2 and the ASG time in row 3 or 4 or 5. The process
have 7 steps and not all the series go through all 7 steps. That means that
if I sorted all the series in ascendent order, the series not necessarily
match in the same row.

Is there any way I can sort the data so I get all the data of series 502
in the same row? Below is the example of the raw data.

A B C D

1 SERIE OPEN SERIE ASG
2 502 11/12/07 17:20 505 11/12/07 20:50
4 507 11/12/07 15:20 502 11/12/07 11:30