Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sandy Mann Sandy Mann is offline

Default Downloaded Report

I'm glad that you got it to work. Thanks for the feedback telling us that
it worked.

Sandy
and the crowning place of kings

"Erika" wrote in message
Worked perfect, thank you!

"Sandy Mann" wrote:

I can onlt assume that it was because I did not include the third
argument
of the SUBSTITUTE() but it works fine for me in XL97. Try:

=--TRIM(SUBSTITUTE(A1,CHAR(160),""))

--
HTH

Sandy
and the crowning place of kings

"Erika" wrote in message
I tried this formula and the result I got was FALSE. I am not sure what
that
means?

"Sandy Mann" wrote:

Quite often downloaded data will have non-breaking spaces Character
160
attached to them that TRIM() does not remove. Try:

=--SUBSTITUTE(A1,CHAR(160),)

--
HTH

Sandy
and the crowning place of kings

"Erika" wrote in message
I have a report that I download into excel - it has a currency value
and
when
I try to do a calculation on it - it will not work. I noticed that
the
values are not formatted as a number so I changed that. I also
noticed
there
are some extra spaces in the field I tried the clean function, the
trim
function and convert text to columns to attempt to isolate and
remove
the
extra spaces - none seemed to work.

Any other suggestions to get these converted to text so calculations
will
work?